The application Bio7 is an integrated development environment for ecological modeling, scientific image analysis and statistical analysis. The application itself is based on an RCP-Eclipse-Environment (Rich-Client-Platform) which offers a huge flexibility in configuration and extensibility because of its plug-in structure and the possibility of customization.
- Creation and analysis of simulation models.
- Statistical analysis.
- Advanced R Graphical User Interface with advanced editor, spreadsheet, different plot devices (default are images in ImageJ) and debugging interface.
- Spatial statistics (possibility to send values from a specialized panel to R).
- Image Analysis (embedded ImageJ).
- Fast transfer of image data from ImageJ to R and vice versa.
- Fast communication between R and Java (with Rserve) and the possibilty to use R methods inside Java.
- Dynamic compilation of Java.
- Sensitivity analysis with an embedded flowchart editor in which scripts, macros and compiled code can be dragged and executed.
- Creation of 3d OpenGL (Jogl) models.
- Visualizations and simulations on an embedded 3d globe (World Wind Java SDK).
- Creation of Graphical User Interfaces with the embedded JavaFX SceneBuilder.
The application is developed by Marcel Austenfeld a former member of the Department of Experimental and Systems Ecology
Dr. Marcel Austenfeld