The application Bio7 is an integrated development environment for ecological modelling and contains powerful tools for model creation, scientific image analysis and statistical analysis. The application itself is based on an RCP-Eclipse-Environment (Rich-Client-Platform) which offers a huge flexibility in configuration and extensibility because of its plug-in structure and the possibility of customization.
- Creation and analysis of simulation models.
- Statistical analysis (R).
- Spatial statistics (possibility to send values from a specialized panel to R).
- Image Analysis (embedded ImageJ).
- Fast transfer of image data from ImageJ to R and vice versa.
- Fast communication between R and Java (with RServe) and the possibilty to use R methods inside Java.
- Interpretation of Java and script creation (BeanShell, Groovy, Jython).
- Dynamic compilation of Java.
- Creation of methods for Java, BeanShell, Groovy, Jython and R (integrated editors for Java, R, BeanShell, Groovy, Jython).
- Sensitivity analysis with an embedded flowchart editor in which scripts, macros and compiled code can be dragged and executed.
- Creation of 3d OpenGL (Jogl) models.
- Visualizations and simulations on an embedded 3d globe (World Wind Java SDK).
The application is developed by Marcel Austenfeld a former member of the Department of Experimental and Systems Ecology
Dr. Marcel Austenfeld